Finding Home Bargains in Las Vegas
For the 59th month in a row, Las Vegas was No. 1 in foreclosures, according to RealtyTrac. It’s hard to turn on the TV, read a newspaper (if you’re a certain age) or run a Google search without hearing about Las Vegas’s real estate woes.
The world also heard about houses that sold for $375,000 in 2006 selling for $131,000 today.
Well, all of that is true. However, here’s what’s not: Buyers assume that because Las Vegas is a hotbed of foreclosures and prices are down by 6o percent, it’s easy to “steal” a house in the valley.
I’m working with several investors as well as savvy couples who plan on retiring in the valley shortly. To both groups, getting the lowest price is critical to their success. Here’s the reality for house hunters based on my recent outing:
- Most of the houses today are selling below their replace cost. (Good)
- There are a lot of houses to chose from–over 20,000 in fact. There were 8,000 in the MLS when the boom started in 2004. (Good)
- Quite a few of these houses need significant work before you would want to live in them. I’ve seen houses where the entire kitchen and all the bathrooms were empty. Cabinets, sinks, commodes-GONE! (Good or Bad depending on your feelings about home repair. Me, I’m a serial remodeler…)
- It takes quite a bit of searching to find the diamond in the rough. Plan on lots of outings. (Bad)
The perfect house at the perfect price is out there for you and we at eXp know how to find it. But it is hard to find a four bedroom house with a three car garage in a gated community with granite countertops built in the last 10 years 15 minutes from the Strip for $150,000. And that’s a good thing for us locals who are committed to this community regardless of the equity we still have left in our homes.
Leave a Reply
How Much Home Can You Afford?
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
How Much Is Your Monthly Payment?
Las Vegas Blog
- eXp home of the day:Las Vegas golf course home with gourmet kitchen on a huge lot
- eXp Home of the Day: Highly upgraded house in Henderson’s master-planned golf community Tuscany
- eXp Home of the Day: RV Parking+Huge Lot=Wide Open Feeling So Not Vegas
- eXp home of the Day: Summerlin One-Story on the Siena Golf Course With a Casita
- eXp Home of the Day: Mountain Views at Party Central in Las Vegas for under $200,000
Las Vegas Real Estate
We are your source for the most up to the minute and insightful information on the Las Vegas real estate market. As you navigate your way around the site take a minute to note our Las Vegas home search where you can find real time property listings information pulled directly from the MLS (Multiple Listings Service), it includes EVERYTHING that is available in the market. Save favorite homes or schedule a showing with one of our real estate professionals.
If you have an idea of what kind of property you are looking for, we have various request listing information forms you can fill out and one of our agents will put together a customized search with all the specific requirements you wish to have in your future property.
eXp Realty Las Vegas
7251 W. Lake Mead Boulevard
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
We are a full service real estate brokerage. Consider us your Las Vegas real estate concierge.